The poll question “Should we skip a month” got mixed results.
- Four answers were in favor of skipping November and December
- Two were for skipping December
- Three were for not skipping any months.
We came up with a compromise. There will be one challenge that will last all of November and December. This challenge is a favorite of ours and we’ve been waiting for it for a long time. It will be Clothes/Dresses/Gloves/Wear and the Pinterest Board is HERE. The choice of stitch is your choice. We hope you find this an exciting challenge.
The title of the board gives a hint of what could be done. Clothes, Dress, Gloves, Wear. There is a plethora of choices and ways to approach this category.
Here are some ideas and ways of working:
- Make a wearable piece that includes embroidery.
- Alter a wearable with embroidery (Check out the gloves!)
- The subject can be a dress or clothing article embroidered on cloth.
- Think what you would wear to a ball with Marie Antoinette or to Downton Abbey?
- Pick a book or a movie or a period piece. What would you wear for that theme?
I hope you’ll join us! To give you a heads up for January, the theme will be hearts and the Pinterest Board is HERE.
When you’re ready with your challenge, please email a photo to: